Twitter (TWTR) to Call Subscription Plan 'Twitter Blue', Available at $3 Per Month - Report
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Twitter's (NYSE: TWTR) new subscription service will be named Twitter Blue, according to tipster Jane Manchun Wong.
Earlier this month, Twitter made an announcement about "an upcoming subscription offering we're currently exploring.”
According to Wong, Twitter Blue could use a tiered pricing model, meaning that users who pay higher subscription fees would gain access to more features. One of those features is Collections, which allows users to save favorite tweets to access them more easily later.
It remains unclear when will the social media giant launch Twitter Blue, however, the company has already started testing some new features like undoing tweets, a charge to use dashboard app Tweetdeck, and Super Follows, a feature that allows users to follow favorite content creators for a monthly subscription fee in return for exclusive content.
Twitter recently bought the ad-blocker Scroll in a bid to offer users an ad-free tweeting experience.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Ticks Higher on New Bear Cave Long
- El Pollo Loco (LOCO) Will Become First National Restaurant to Offer Drone Delivery on June 24
- UPDATE: Veritone (VERI) Files $300M Mixed Security Shelf - (CORRECTION)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!