Triumph Group (TGI) Completes $70M Purchase of GE's Hydraulic Actuation Unit
- Wall St set to open sharply higher after softer-than-expected CPI data
- Futures Rise, Yields and Dollar Decline After July CPI Report
- U.S. consumer price growth unchanged for July
- Twitter Saga Forces Musk to Sell $6.9 Billion of Tesla Shares, Says He's Done Selling
- Coinbase (COIN) Stock Drops on Narrowed User Guidance, Analysts Cut Price Targets
Triumph Group (NYSE: TGI) announced the completion of the previously announced acquisition of the hydraulic actuation business of GE Aviation. The acquired business will operate as Triumph Actuation Systems-Yakima and Triumph Actuation Systems- UK & IOM. The business is expected to add approximately $180 million in annual revenue and to be immediately accretive to earnings. The purchase price was approximately $70 million.
Employing approximately 475 employees, the business is a technology leader in actuation systems and does extensive business with Boeing, Airbus and other major airframers. Key product offerings include complete landing gear actuation systems, door actuation, nose-wheel steering, hydraulic fuses, manifolds, flight control actuation and locking mechanisms for the commercial, military and business jet markets.
Jeffry D. Frisby, Triumph’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased to have acquired Triumph Actuation Systems-Yakima and Triumph Actuation Systems-UK & IOM. Through this acquisition, we obtain additional proprietary systems that augment our existing hydraulic system capabilities and an outstanding group of employees. In addition, this acquisition furthers our strategic goal of increasing our global footprint, optimizing our segment and customer balance, and positioning ourselves for future growth. We are also pleased that the existing management team will remain with Triumph.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AEP (AEP) appoints Julie A. Sloat president and CFO effective immediately, elected CEO effective Jan. 1
- AIkido Pharma (AIKI) Confirms $8/sh Acquisition Proposal
- WhiteHorse Finance (WHF) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!