Triumph Group (TGI) Completes $70M Purchase of GE's Hydraulic Actuation Unit
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
- Core-Mark (CORE) Receives Takeover Approach from Performance Food Group (PFGC) - Source
Triumph Group (NYSE: TGI) announced the completion of the previously announced acquisition of the hydraulic actuation business of GE Aviation. The acquired business will operate as Triumph Actuation Systems-Yakima and Triumph Actuation Systems- UK & IOM. The business is expected to add approximately $180 million in annual revenue and to be immediately accretive to earnings. The purchase price was approximately $70 million.
Employing approximately 475 employees, the business is a technology leader in actuation systems and does extensive business with Boeing, Airbus and other major airframers. Key product offerings include complete landing gear actuation systems, door actuation, nose-wheel steering, hydraulic fuses, manifolds, flight control actuation and locking mechanisms for the commercial, military and business jet markets.
Jeffry D. Frisby, Triumph’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased to have acquired Triumph Actuation Systems-Yakima and Triumph Actuation Systems-UK & IOM. Through this acquisition, we obtain additional proprietary systems that augment our existing hydraulic system capabilities and an outstanding group of employees. In addition, this acquisition furthers our strategic goal of increasing our global footprint, optimizing our segment and customer balance, and positioning ourselves for future growth. We are also pleased that the existing management team will remain with Triumph.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jack in the Box (JACK) Names New Chief Operating Officer
- Sg Blocks, Inc. (SGBX) Misses Q1 EPS by 28c, Revenues Beat
- GAN Limited (GAN) Misses Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!