Transact Technologies (TACT) Misses Q4 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Transact Technologies (NASDAQ: TACT) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.22), $0.09 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.13). Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $7.66 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial Highlights
- Net Sales: Net Sales for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $7.8 million, down 30% compared to $11.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- FST Recurring Revenue: FST recurring revenue for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $0.9 million, up 37% compared to $0.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Gross Profit: Gross profit for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $2.4 million, resulting in gross margin of 30.6%, compared to gross profit of $4.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2019, which resulted in a 41.2% gross margin.
- Operating loss: Operating loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $(2.7) million, compared to operating loss of $(1.1) million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Net loss: Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $(1.9) million, or $(0.22) net loss per share, based on 8.7 million weighted average common shares outstanding. Net loss for the comparable 2019 period was $(0.8) million, or $(0.11) net loss per share, based on 7.5 million weighted average common shares outstanding.
- EBITDA: EBITDA loss was $(2.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to an EBITDA loss of $(0.3) million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Adjusted EBITDA (loss): Adjusted EBITDA loss was $(1.7) million for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to adjusted EBITDA loss of $(0.1) million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
“Throughout our most challenging year ever we proved the agility of our business model by posting sequentially stronger sales quarters in the second half of 2020 and we finished the year with momentum as we enter 2021. I could not be more proud of the entire TransAct team and their resilience,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and CEO of TransAct Technologies. “Our FST market has picked up considerable steam and posted a 27% year-over-year revenue gain despite the obvious challenges our customers were facing, demonstrating the mission-critical nature of our BOHA! solutions. We saw the number of paid terminals in the market jump to 5,688 from 3,813 at the end of the third quarter of 2020, and we expect this number to accelerate as we move through 2021 and drive a sustainable base of recurring FST revenue. We are also starting to see green shoots in our Casino and Gaming market as the pandemic continues to subside and gambling floors begin to prepare for life after COVID-19.”
Shuldman continued, “Finally, we launched our all-new, iOS native BOHA! Restaurant Operations Platform, which is paired with our BOHA! Workstation and iPad and we are beginning to see our sales pipeline grow. Technology from BOHA! and Apple devices work together to bring restaurants a bold, mobile-first solution to automate back-of-house tasks, reduce labor costs, and drive efficiencies.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Transact Technologies (TACT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Luokung Technology (LKCO) Announces Subsidiary eMapgo's Contract Win for New Generation Traffic Control Network and Smart Highway Demonstration Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!