Transact Technologies (TACT) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Transact Technologies (NASDAQ: TACT) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.25), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.24). Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $8.03 million.
“We are seeing many green shoots and positive signs of recovery as we carry our momentum over from that latter half of 2020 into the first quarter of 2021, our third consecutive quarter of sequential top line growth. Our Food Service Technology (“FST”) market continues to see considerable progress as the pandemic subsides, with overall FST revenues growing 100% year-over-year, and FST recurring revenue posting a 96% year-over-year gain. The growth we are seeing within FST is exciting, particularly our expanding hardware footprint, which drives a sustainable base of recurring FST revenue,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and CEO of TransAct Technologies. “On that note, we continue to see tremendous momentum in our new paid terminals, with 7,009 total paid terminals in service at the end of Q1, up from 5,688 at the end of the fourth quarter of 2020. We also saw our first software upgrade order in the quarter, highlighting the growing cross-sell opportunities we have as our terminal base expands. We could not be more thrilled with the results of our BOHA! efforts so far and we are optimistic that this growth will continue throughout 2021 and beyond.”
Shuldman continued, “Finally, our Casino and Gaming market has begun to turn the corner in the domestic market as we see casino reopening’s tick up and guests return in greater numbers. TransAct is well-positioned to capitalize on the re-opening of the global economy and especially the casino and restaurant market and we look forward to supporting our new and existing clients in solving their ongoing business challenges.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Transact Technologies (TACT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- Climate Change Crisis Real Impact I Acquisition (CLII) Will Transfer to Nasdaq Following Completion of Merger with EVgo
- CAS Investment Partners Sends Letter to At Home Group (HOME) Stockholders, Says H&F's Offer Undervalues Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!