TransDigm Group (TDG) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG) reported Q2 EPS of $2.58, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $2.51. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.19 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.17 billion.
Second quarter highlights include:
- Net sales of $1,194 million, down 17.3% from $1,443 million in the prior year's quarter;
- Income from continuing operations of $105 million;
- Earnings per share from continuing operations of $1.79;
- EBITDA As Defined margin of 43.5%, representing sequential improvement;
- EBITDA As Defined of $519 million;
- Adjusted earnings per share of $2.58; and
- Positive operating cash flow generation of $98 million.
"The commercial aerospace industry has continued to show signs of recovery in recent months with the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine and increasing air traffic, especially in certain domestic markets. We also saw another quarter of strong sequential improvement in our commercial bookings. These trends are encouraging and although the pace of the recovery is uncertain, we remain ready to meet the demand as it returns," stated Kevin Stein, TransDigm Group's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Additionally, I am very pleased that we continue to sequentially expand our EBITDA As Defined margin as a result of careful management of our cost structure and focus on our operating strategy in this challenging commercial environment."
Fiscal 2021 Outlook
Given the considerable uncertainty around the extent and duration of business disruptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and how that will continue to impact operations, the Company will not provide fiscal year 2021 guidance at this time.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on TransDigm Group (TDG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- MediaCo (MDIA) announces Rahsan-Rahsan Lindsay has been named Chief Executive Officer
- Apollo Global Management (APO) Expands Board to 18-Members; Adds David Simon, Jim Belardi, Mitra Hormozi, Marc Beilinson and Lynn Swann to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!