Torchlight Energy Resources (TRCH) Provides Update on Proposed Business Combination Timing
- Wall Street extends slide on rising inflation fears
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
- FuboTV (FUBO) Surges After Crushing Views on New Subscribers Adds, Analysts Positive
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRCH), an oil and gas exploration company ("Torchlight"), announced today that it is continuing to work towards the completion of the regulatory requirements necessary to consummate the previously announced business combination (the "Arrangement") with Metamaterial Inc. ("Metamaterial"). Torchlight has filed its 2020 Annual Report on Form 10-K, parts of which are required to be incorporated by reference into the definitive proxy statement for the special meeting of Torchlight's stockholders in connection with the Arrangement. Torchlight expects to file a revised preliminary proxy statement with the SEC shortly. Torchlight and Metamaterial have extended the date by which Torchlight must give notice of and call its special meeting of stockholders to April 30th, which Torchlight believes will provide enough time to clear the definitive proxy statement with the SEC, set a record date for the special meeting of stockholders, and mail the definitive proxy statement to Torchlight stockholders of record as of the record date.
Torchlight's definitive proxy statement will announce the meeting date and record date for the special meeting. The record date to determine the Torchlight stockholders that will receive a dividend of the previously announced Series A Preferred Stock, which will entitle its holders to, among other things, receive dividends in connection with the sale of Torchlight's oil and gas assets, will be determined after the special meeting is held. Metamaterial recently announced that its security holders have approved the special resolution relating to the Arrangement at Metamaterial's annual general and special meeting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ginkgo Bioworks and Soaring Eagle Acquisition (SRNG) have agreed to business combination
- OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd. (OSW) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat
- Better Confirms Merger with SPAC Aurora Acquisition Corp. (AURC)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!