Topps Company Announces Strong First Quarter Sales Results, Major League Baseball Reaffirms NFT Agreement (MUDS)
- S&P 500 ends lower after another wild ride
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c; Revenues Beat
- Visa (V) Shares Up 3% on Strong Q1 Beat
- 'An EV Cash Machine': Tesla (TSLA) Beats on Revenue and Profit But Supply Chain Warning Sends Shares Lower, Analysts Positive and Raise Numbers
- Western Digital (WDC) Shares Dropped 10% Despite Q2 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Topps Company, Inc., a global leader in sports and entertainment collectibles and confections, announced today that total net sales for the first quarter ended April 3, 2021 increased 55% over the same period a year ago to approximately $166.6 million.
“We are very pleased with the strength exhibited by our business during the first quarter,” said Michael Brandstaedter, Chief Executive Officer of The Topps Company. “The strong momentum we experienced last year has continued in 2021, and we are excited about our growth opportunities over the near and long term.”
In addition, Major League Baseball (MLB) and Topps today reaffirmed that their licensing relationship, under which Topps offers a variety of MLB physical and digital products, is unchanged and will continue to include Topps Major League Baseball NFT (non-fungible token) trading card products.
“Topps is one of our oldest and most important MLB licensees and we look forward to continuing to work with them to bring new MLB-licensed trading card products in physical, digital and NFT forms to market,” said Noah Garden, Chief Revenue Officer of Major League Baseball. “We were very excited by Topps’ first MLB NFT launch -- 2021 Topps Series 1 – and we look forward to additional successful launches in the future.”
On May 12, 2021, Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation II (“MUDS”) (NASDAQ: MUDS), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, filed its preliminary proxy in connection with its proposed business combination with The Topps Company. Topps expects to report full first quarter 2021 results concurrent with the filing of the first amendment to the proxy by MUDS. Upon closing of the transaction, the combined company will be named Topps and will be listed on NASDAQ under the new ticker symbol “TOPP.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cannae Holdings, Inc. (CNNE) Announces Closing of Business Combination between Trebia Acquisition Corp. and System1
- Rocket Lab USA, Inc. (RKLB) Selected to Provide Venture Class Launch Services for NASA
- Ocugen (OCGN) Signs LOI to Acquire Vaccine Manufacturing, R&D Hub in Ontario, Canada
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, SPAC
Related EntitiesHulu, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!