Tilray (TLRY) and Aphria Complete Merger to Create the World's Largest Cannabis Company by Revenue
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tilray and Aphria announced today they completed a merger to create a new company, a “new Tilray,” to create the leading cannabis-focused consumer packaged goods company with the largest global geographic footprint in the industry.
Based on the stock price of two previous companies, a new company will have a market cap of about $8.2 billion. TLRY will continue to trade on NASDAQ under the same ticker, while shares of the new company will commence trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TLRY” on May 5.
“Our focus now turns to execution on our highest return priorities including business integration and accelerating our global growth strategy. Covid-19 related lockdowns have presented unique challenges across Canadian and German markets,” Irwin Simon, the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented.
A merger will yield $81 million in cost-saving synergies, two companies said in a statement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Double Upgrades Tilray (TLRY) to Buy as Merger a 'Perfect Match'
- Canaccord Genuity Starts Tilray (TLRY) at Hold
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/07: (IBIO) (BILL) (AXON) Higher; (CCIX) (APPN) (FROG) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!