Tilray (TLRY) Selected by French National Agency to Supply GMP-Certified Medical Cannabis Products in France
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production, research, cultivation, and distribution, announced that it has been selected by the French National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) to supply Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) certified medical cannabis products for experimentation in France. Tilray will supply GMP-produced medical cannabis products to serve patients in need for the duration of the French experiment (18-24 months), due to begin in the first quarter of 2021.
Tilray products will be administered to qualifying patients in the French experiment, for whom existing treatments do not provide sufficient relief from their symptoms, and for therapeutic indications including:
- Neuropathic pain that is refractory to therapies currently available (drug or non-drug treatments);
- Certain forms of epilepsy that are drug-resistant;
- In certain persistent symptoms in oncology, related to cancer or anti-cancer treatment;
- In palliative care situations;
- In the painful spasticity of multiple sclerosis or other pathologies of the central nervous system.
Tilray has received the necessary regulatory approvals to participate in the ANSM experimentation in France and will export medical cannabis products from its GMP-certified facility in Cantanhede, Portugal.
Brendan Kennedy, Tilray’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “Today's announcement marks another milestone for Tilray as we expand operations in Europe. We are proud to be able to offer access to a variety of high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products to the ANSM while supporting patients in need in France.”
Sascha Mielcarek, Tilray’s General Manager for Europe, said, “We are pleased to be chosen by the ANSM and fully appreciate the stakes of this experiment for French patients, and we are determined to contribute to its success actively. Tilray is once again establishing itself as a key player with solid expertise in the service of patient well-being.”
Tilray's E.U. Campus in Portugal is a multi-faceted production facility that includes research and quality control labs, packaging, and distribution sites for medical cannabis. It also serves as a hub supporting Tilray’s clinical research and product development efforts across Europe. Tilray has established sales and distribution arrangements to supply medical cannabis through major pharmaceutical distribution channels throughout Germany and the E.U., which will serve as a means to allowing patients to access Tilray's GMP-certified finished medical cannabis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Unexpected Passing of President and CEO Lee Delaney
- Humanigen Inc. (HGEN) Announces Positive Results From Phase 1 Study of Ifabotuzumab in Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Citigroup (C) Says it Knows of Another Bank Making Big Payment Error, Even Larger Than Its Revlon Mistake - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!