The Container Store Group (TCS) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Revenues Miss, Comp. Sales Up 3%; Offers FY19 EPS/Revenue Outlook
- Wall St ends higher as Yellen vows actions to safeguard deposits
- Wall Street digests Powell's comments on banks, rate cuts and inflation
- PacWest says it would not be 'prudent' to go ahead with capital raise; Analyst optimistic
- Block (SQ) shares plunge after Hindenburg claims it misleads investors with 'inflated metrics'
- Coinbase Wells Notice: Oppenheimer cuts; Mizuho says a third of revenue could be affected
Get Alerts TCS Hot Sheet
Today's EPS Names:
GUKYF, OPFI, AGAE, More
Join SI Premium – FREE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Container Store Group (NYSE: TCS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.05, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.05. Revenue for the quarter came in at $228.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $229.02 million.
- Consolidated net sales were $228.7 million, up 3.2%. Net sales in The Container Store retail business (“TCS”) were $212.0 million, up 3.5%. Elfa International AB (“Elfa”) third-party net sales were $16.7 million, consistent with the prior year period, however, excluding the impact of foreign currency translation, Elfa third-party sales were up 6.6%.
- Comparable store sales increased 3.0%, with Custom Closets up 10.2%, contributing 420 basis points of the increase in comparable store sales, and all other product categories were down 2.0%, negatively contributing the remaining 120 basis points. The decline in other product categories was more than entirely driven by an expected decrease in holiday departments’ sales, which declined 12.2% and negatively contributed 200 basis points.
- Consolidated net income and net income per share (“EPS”) was $2.4 million and $0.05 compared to net income of $9.3 million and $0.19, respectively, in the third quarter of fiscal 2018. Adjusted net income per share (“Adjusted EPS”) was $0.05 compared to $0.07 in the third quarter of fiscal 2018 (see Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Measures table). Third quarter fiscal 2019 EPS includes approximately $0.04 per share in investments related to the second distribution center and incremental Custom Closets marketing.
Melissa Reiff, Chief Executive Officer commented, “We are very pleased to deliver a strong third quarter performance which was largely in line with our expectations, as we continued to successfully execute against our number one strategic priority; to grow our Custom Closets business. As we expected, sales in our holiday departments declined compared to last year, but our focus on our everyday products and solutions during the holiday period more than offset the holiday departments’ sales challenges. We continue to make changes to profitably maximize this portion of our offering going forward.”
Ms. Reiff continued, “We are focused on the execution of our strategic priorities and we are making good progress against each of them. We are just beginning to realize the benefits of our investment in our new distribution center including the associated freight savings, as well as significant improvements in customer delivery times, which are expected to ramp up as we move into fiscal 2020. Our marketing investments to expand awareness of our Custom Closets offerings and capabilities are also driving the desired outcomes. We look forward to continuing to capitalize on the opportunities to grow our share of this estimated $6 billion Custom Closets addressable market, and enter the final quarter of our fiscal year in a strong position to deliver against our previously provided outlook.”
The Container Store Group sees FY2019 EPS of $0.41-$0.51, versus the consensus of $0.42. The Container Store Group sees FY2019 revenue of $915-925 million, versus the consensus of $925.68 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on The Container Store Group (TCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celyad Oncology SA (CYAD) Reports FY22, Provides Recent Business Highlights
- Torrid Holdings Inc. (CURV) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers Guidance
- Cognition Therapeutics (CGTX) Reports FY22, Provides Business Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!