Teva Pharma (TEVA) Reaches Agreement With Georgia to Settle the State’s Price Fixing Claims
- Nasdaq leads Wall St lower after robust November jobs data
- U.S. job juggernaut rolled on in November; nonfarm payrolls up 263,000
- We are selling risk rallies - Bank of America's Hartnett
- Asana (ASAN) stock hit with two downgrades after earnings; shares tumble 18%
- Analysts defend Zscaler (ZS) as shares fall despite earnings and guidance beat
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Teva Pharmaceuticals, a U.S. affiliate of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA), has reached an agreement with the Attorney General (AG) of Georgia to settle the state’s price-fixing claims against Teva. Teva will pay the state $3.346 million as part of the settlement, and the state will dismiss all of its claims against Teva and its affiliates once payment has been made.
Teva is committed to doing business the right way, in compliance with all applicable laws. Consistent with that commitment, Teva has also agreed, as part of its settlement with Georgia, to maintain its robust antitrust training and compliance efforts throughout the United States.
This is the third settlement of the price-fixing litigation that Teva has reached to date, having previously settled with Mississippi and Louisiana. (Alabama also recently voluntarily dismissed its claims against all defendants in the litigation, including Teva.) Teva is pleased to put these claims behind us, and we believe the modest settlement amount—in each of the three settlements to date—reflects our position on the allegations against us, which we continue to deny. We remain focused on delivering high-quality medicines to the patients around the world who need them, while also working cooperatively with state regulators to resolve legacy litigation matters in the United States, including these cases as well as the opioids cases. We are discussing settlements of the price-fixing litigation with additional states in an effort to continue replicating these results.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- P3 Health Partners (PIII) Names Atul Kavthekar Chief Financial Officer
- Alpha Metallurgical Resources (AMR) Announces New Director Appointments
- Opendoor (OPEN) Appoints CFO Carrie Wheeler to CEO; Co-Founder and CEO Eric Wu Transitions to New Role as President, Marketplace
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!