Tesla (TSLA) to Push FSD Beta to Drivers with a Safety Score of 98; Version 10.4 Coming Soon
- Stocks, oil rebound as calm returns after Omicron hit
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO, Elon Musk, announced in a tweet last night that the company has plans to approve the Full-Self-Driving beta downloads for customers with a safety score of 98 and above starting at the end of next week. Currently, customers need to achieve a safety score of 99 or above to be allowed to download the software. Musk also added that beta version 10.4 is coming soon.
“Tentative plan is 98 & above starts uploading Friday afternoon next week. If we see any concerns, uploads will pause while we investigate, so might take a few days before everyone with 98 safety gets beta 10.4. 10.4 improves left turns across fast traffic & stopping for gates.” — Elon Musk
In a separate tweet, yesterday, musk noted that the company will “slow down upload rate of releases going forward. First from QA fleet to employee cars for a day, then slowly releasing at ~1000 cars/hr to external beta on Friday aft.”
According to Tesla’s Vehicle Safety Report, the company recorded one crash for every 4.41 million miles driven in which drivers were using Autopilot in the second quarter. Despite this, the company is reserving the ability to pause the uploads in the event of “concerns”.
By Michael Elkins | Michael.Elkins@streetinsider.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elon Musk Offloads More Tesla (TSLA) Shares, Sold $9.9 Billion Worth of Stock Since Twitter Poll
- Active options: TSLA AAPL F NVDA RBLX AMC BAC LCID FB AMRS AMD
- Nam Tai Property (NTP) Issues Update Regarding the Requisitioned Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Michael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!