Tesla (TSLA) Releases FSD Beta 10.7; Improves 'Phantom Braking'
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) has started to release its new Full Self-Driving Beta software update 10.7. The update is designed to address a problem known a “Phantom Breaking”. Phantom braking is a term used to describe when an advanced driver-assist system or a self-driving system applies the brakes for no good reason. The company has seen an increase in complaints about this issue, as it has continued to illude the latest updates. Tesla also says that it improved the autonomous use of regenerative braking for smoother and more energy-efficient driving.
The Beta 10.7 technical release notes were leaked on Twitter as well as Reddit. A few of the updates include:
- Improved object attributes network to reduce false cut-in slowdowns by 50% and lane assignment error by 19%.
- Reduced false slowdowns for crossing objects by improved velocity estimates for objects at the end of visibility. Reduced false slowdowns by adding geometric checks to cross-validate lane assignment of objects.
- Expanded use of regenerative braking in Autopilot down to 0mph for smoother stops and improved energy efficiency.
- Improved photon-to-control vehicle response latency by 20% on average.
The update has now started to be pushed to the Beta fleet and it’s not clear if Tesla is expanding access to more people or just those with a ‘safety score‘ of 98 or above.
According to CEO Elon Musk on Twitter this weekend, the automaker might wait for 10.8, which is apparently going to be released as soon as Tuesday, along with a bigger ‘holiday update’ for the rest of the fleet.
By Michael Elkins | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) falls as UAW making progress in Ford labor talks
- Tesla (TSLA) Keen To Make, Sell Battery Storage Systems In India - Reuters
- Barclays expects Tesla (TSLA) to report 3Q delivery miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, Michael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!