Tesla (TSLA) Names Oracle's (ORCL) Larry Ellison and Kathleen Wilson-Thompson to Board
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - December 28, 2018 8:26 AM EST)
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced:
We are excited to announce that Larry Ellison and Kathleen Wilson-Thompson have joined Tesla’s Board of Directors. Each joined the board as an independent director, effective December 27th, 2018.
The board, led by its Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, conducted a thorough, expansive process in searching for its new independent directors, considering candidates with a wide range of skill sets from across the globe who also hold a strong personal belief in Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
“In conducting a widespread search over the last few months, we sought to add independent directors with skills that would complement the current board’s experience. In Larry and Kathleen, we have added a preeminent entrepreneur and a human resources leader, both of whom have a passion for sustainable energy,” said Tesla’s Board of Directors.
As Executive Chairman, Chief Technology Officer and founder of Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), Larry’s background as an entrepreneur and philanthropist needs no introduction. Larry is also a big believer in Tesla’s mission, having purchased 3 million shares earlier this year.
Kathleen brings decades of leadership experience in global human resources management. After spending 17 years at Kellogg, and now serving as Executive Vice President and Global Chief Human Resources Officer of Walgreens Boots Alliance, the nation’s largest pharmacy and health and wellness company with more than 350,000 employees, Kathleen brings a passion for building and promoting great workplaces. Kathleen also has nearly 10 years of board experience, serving on public boards at two U.S.-based manufacturing companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) option implied volatility decreases
- Morgan Stanley Says Buy Tesla (TSLA) on Weakness, Reiterates Overweight
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds to 1Life Healthcare (ONEM), Butterfly Network (BFLY) and Skillz (SKLZ) on Thursday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Larry Ellison
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!