Tesla (TSLA) Delivers Over 240K Vehicles in Q3, Beating Street
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced that in the third quarter they produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles. Wall Street was expecting around 220,000 deliveries.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we work through global supply chain and logistics challenges," the company stated.
The company added:
"Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q3 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles."
Subject to operating lease accounting
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) raised to BB+ by S&P
- Tesla (TSLA) option IV below 40 as shares trade above $900
- Payments Q3 Earnings Preview: Jefferies Expects Square (SQ) to Miss, PayPal (PYPL) Likely a Non-Event, Sees Risk for Mastercard (MA) and Visa (V) on Q4 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Earnings, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!