Tenet Healthcare (THC) Tops Q4 EPS by $3.02, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q & FY21 EPS/Revenue Outlook
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tenet Healthcare (NYSE: THC) reported Q4 EPS of $4.72, $3.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.70. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.92 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.89 billion.
- Net income from continuing operations available to common shareholders in 4Q20 of $414 million versus a net loss from continuing operations of $3 million in 4Q19
- Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA in 4Q20 of $832 million excluding $446 million of COVID stimulus grant income, or $1.278 billion including the grant income, versus $799 million in 4Q19
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations available to common shareholders in 4Q20 of $3.86 compared to a loss per share of $0.03 in 4Q19; Adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations of $4.72 in 4Q20 compared to $0.95 in 4Q19
- Net cash provided by operating activities of $3.407 billion in 2020 versus $1.233 billion in 2019. Free cash flow of $2.867 billion in 2020, or ~ $1.2 billion in 2020 excluding ~$1.4 billion of Medicare advances received in 2020 and ~$260 million of deferred company payroll tax match in 2020, compared to $563 million in 2019 – growth of $644 million or 114%
- Hospital segment net patient service revenue per adjusted admission up 19.4% on a same-hospital basis versus 4Q19; Ambulatory segment same-facility system-wide revenue per surgical case up 5.0% versus the prior year
- Transformative ambulatory surgery portfolio transaction during 4Q20 further diversifies the Company\'s business mix
- Continued focus on strategic cost reduction measures and corporate efficiencies helped partially mitigate the impact of COVID, including the impact of lost revenues and higher costs related to the pandemic
- The Company also announced today it plans to retire $478 million of 7% senior unsecured notes due 2025; expects annual interest savings of ~$33 million
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “In 2020, we along with so many others faced challenges we had never experienced in the history of our company. Our ability to perform under such challenging and constantly evolving circumstances underscores the strength of all of our colleagues within the Tenet enterprise and the positive impact of our multi-year turnaround. We implemented a comprehensive and active response to the pandemic, focused on the safety of our personnel and our patients, and steadily improved performance in each operating segment as we moved through the year. We continued to advance top-tier clinical programs to serve growing acute and chronic care needs in our hospitals, while completing a transformational ambulatory transaction and pivoting our business toward higher-growth, lower cost-of-care settings. And, we continued to post an improved level of margin performance at Conifer, whose support of all of their clients was exceptional."
Rittenmeyer continued, "Our resilience as an organization was tested, and we outperformed, delivered on our commitments and continued building a framework for our future growth and success. We followed our stated strategy ensuring the improvements were sustainable and the changes became part of our permanent fabric. We are very proud of every one of our colleagues across the Tenet enterprise for their selfless commitment to our patients, each other and our communities."
Tenet Healthcare sees Q1 2021 EPS of $0.23-$0.93, versus the consensus of $0.54. Tenet Healthcare sees Q1 2021 revenue of $4.6-4.8 billion, versus the consensus of $4.75 billion.
Tenet Healthcare sees FY2021 EPS of $3.52-$4.81, versus the consensus of $3.11. Tenet Healthcare sees FY2021 revenue of $19.2-19.6 billion, versus the consensus of $19.27 billion.
FY 2021 Outlook anticipates continuing recovery from the pandemic and growth from operational improvements:
- Net income from continuing operations available to common shareholders of $2.09 to $3.81 per diluted share
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2.900 billion to $3.100 billion
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $3.52 to $4.81
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Tenet Healthcare (THC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q1 EPS by 51c
- Socket Mobile (SCKT) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.03, Revenues Beat
- Vicor Corp (VICR) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!