Tenet Healthcare (THC) 15% Shareholder Glenview Capital Issues Letter of Support for Spin-Off of Conifer by Mid 2022
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Glenview Capital Management ("Glenview"), the largest shareholder of Tenet Healthcare Corporation ("Tenet" or the "Company") (NYSE: THC), today announced that it confirms its support of the Board's decision to spin-off the Company's Conifer subsidiary to shareholders in a tax-free transaction in mid-2022.
"We applaud the people of Tenet's resilience and focus on the front lines of the battle against Covid-19, and we support management's focus on worker and patient safety, operating efficiency and maximizing the number of patients who may be safely cared for throughout the pandemic," said Larry Robbins, Glenview CEO. "We believe Conifer's current and future customers will be best served through a continued growth of Conifer's capabilities, and we believe that all shareholders will benefit from Tenet's logical approach to launch Conifer as an independent Company by mid-2022 while continuing to evolve the Tenet portfolio to higher ambulatory mix, accelerating growth and strong cash generation."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AppHarvest (APPH) Announces Ciara Burnham and Geof Rochester to Board
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) PT Raised to $55 at Mizuho Securities
- Yatra Online (YTRA) Gains as Activist Maguire Asset Management Files 13D, Letter to CEO