Teligent (TLGT) Takes Strategic Steps to Recapitalize and Position Business for Success
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop 2% on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Teligent, Inc. (Nasdaq: TLGT), ("Teligent" or the "Company"), a New Jersey-based specialty generic pharmaceutical company, today announced a series of strategic actions in partnership with its senior lenders and its Series C noteholders to recapitalize and enhance the Company's financial flexibility. Through these actions and with support from its senior lenders and Series C noteholders, the Company is strengthening its balance sheet while also working to raise additional capital and position itself for success, including enabling it to complete the work necessary to remediate and address the issues raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the Warning Letter issued to the Company on November 26, 2019.
- In support of the Company, Teligent's Series C noteholders (primarily Silverback Asset Management, LLC ["Silverback"] and Nantahala Capital Management, LLC ["Nantahala"]) and its senior secured lenders have converted approximately $77 million of total debt into equity at sixty percent (60%) and thirty percent (30%) premiums, respectively, to the approximate price per share of $1.11, the volume weighted average price ("VWAP") of the common stock for a trailing five day trading period ending on January 26, 2021.
- Teligent's Second Lien Credit Agreement has been amended to provide $4.6 million in incremental financing through delayed draw term loans to support the Company's ongoing liquidity.
- Teligent has also entered into an at-the-market (ATM) issuance sales agreement with B. Riley Securities, Inc. pursuant to which the Company may, from time to time, in its discretion, offer and sell shares of its common stock with a total value of approximately $22.62 million. Teligent expects to use proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes.
"Today's announcement marks a pivotal step in our journey toward securing a strong financial future for Teligent, and we are grateful for the continued support of our lenders and noteholders as we work to achieve this goal," said Tim Sawyer, Teligent's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Over the past 12 months, we have taken significant strides to reduce our debt burden while addressing market trends and operational hurdles that have challenged our business. The series of financial actions we are announcing today is a further collaborative step that will allow us to address our current financial standing and evaluate additional strategic paths that will best position Teligent for the future. We believe that through the debt-for-equity exchange, incremental loan availability and the ATM equity offering, we will achieve a financial structure that will enable us to continue delivering quality products for our customers and patients and grow our relationships with all stakeholders."
Debt-for-Equity Exchange and Additional Incremental Financing
As of January 27, the Series C noteholders have exchanged 100% of their Series C notes (collectively $53 million) into common stock at a premium of sixty percent (60%) to the VWAP of $1.11, and Teligent's senior secured lender has converted its payment-in-kind (PIK) interest of $24.5 million into convertible preferred stock at a thirty percent (30%) premium to the VWAP of $1.11. In total, this represents the conversion of approximately $77 million of debt into equity, demonstrating noteholders' and lenders' support of Teligent's path forward and belief in the Company's future. After giving effect to this debt-for-equity exchange, Teligent's outstanding funded debt has been reduced by approximately $118 million since June 30, 2020, from $223 million to approximately $105 million.
To support the Company as it has been finalizing the conversion of debt to equity and commencement of the ATM equity offering, the Company's senior secured lender, with participation from Nantahala and Silverback, has amended the Company's Second Lien Credit Agreement to provide for $4.6 million in additional financing in the form of delayed draw term loans. The Second Lien Credit Agreement has also been amended to extend PIK interest for a one-year period and both the Company's First Lien and Second Lien Credit Agreements have been amended to provide a financial covenant holiday through March 31, 2022. The additional loan capacity under the Second Lien Credit Agreement is available in multiple draws in the event the Company's liquidity dips below $4 million.
At-The-Market Equity Offering
The Company has entered into an at market issuance sales agreement with B. Riley pursuant to which the Company may offer and sell up to $22.62 million of common stock through or to B. Riley. Teligent intends to use the net proceeds of the at-the-market equity offering for general corporate purposes, including resolution of the issues raised in the November 2019 warning letter from the FDA, maintaining readiness for an FDA pre-approval inspection for its newly constructed injectables facility and expanding its offering of CDMO services to its clients.
The common stock will be offered under the Company's existing effective shelf registration statement (including a prospectus) on Form S-3 (File No. 333-224188) filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). A prospectus supplement related to the offering has been filed with the SEC. Any offer, solicitation or sale will be made only by means of the prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus. Current and potential investors should read the prospectus in the registration statement and the prospectus supplement relating to the at-the-market offering and other documents the Company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about Teligent and the at-the-market offering program.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oatly files for IPO; Plans to list on NASDAQ under the ticker 'OTLY' After 107% 2020 Revenue Growth
- Genworth Financial (GNW) Announces Filing of Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering by its U.S. Mortgage Insurance Business
- CompoSecure to Become Publicly Traded Company Through Merger With Roman DBDR Tech Acquisition Corp. (DBDR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesB. Riley, S3, Equity Offerings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!