Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) and UScellular (USM) Announce Exploration of Strategic Alternatives for UScellular
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
The boards of directors of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) and United States Cellular Corporation (NYSE: USM) have each decided to initiate a process to explore strategic alternatives for UScellular. The comprehensive process will explore a range of strategic alternatives.
"The TDS board believes that now is the right time for a comprehensive review of strategic alternatives for UScellular. We will pursue the pathway that is in the best interest of shareholders," said Walter C.
"The UScellular leadership team and I fully support the decision to review strategic alternatives for UScellular. We will remain focused on executing our plan and fulfilling our mission of connecting people to what matters most," said
TDS has retained Citi as its financial advisor and has retained legal counsel in connection with the review of strategic alternatives for UScellular. In connection with the review, the UScellular independent directors, as authorized by the UScellular board, have retained a financial advisor and legal counsel.
There is no deadline or definitive timetable set for completion of the strategic review, and there can be no assurance regarding the results or outcome of this review. TDS and UScellular do not intend to comment further on this strategic review process, and will make further announcements in accordance with their respective ongoing disclosure obligations and pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Limoneira (LMNR) to Explore Strategic Alternatives to Maximize Value
- LianBio (LIAN) Confirms Receipt of Unsolicited Proposal from Concentra Biosciences
- Amazon (AMZN) signs contract with SpaceX for three Falcon 9 launches to support deployment plans for Project Kuiper
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!