Teledyne Technologies (TDY) Tops Q4 EPS by 37c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q EPS Guidance Below Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Below Consensus
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) reported Q4 EPS of $3.48, $0.37 better than the analyst estimate of $3.11. Revenue for the quarter came in at $809.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $801.5 million.
- Fourth quarter sales of $809.3 million
- All-time record GAAP diluted earnings per share of $3.48, an increase of 13.7% compared with last year
- All-time record GAAP operating margin of 17.8%, an increase of 173 bps from last year
- Record quarterly and full year cash from operations of $236.4 million and $618.9 million, respectively
- Announced pending acquisition of FLIR Systems, Inc. for approximately $8.0 billion
- Issuing full year 2021 diluted earnings per share outlook of $11.25 to $11.45, which does not reflect the pending acquisition of FLIR and related acquisition and financing costs
“We concluded 2020 with the best earnings, operating margin and cash flow in the company’s history,” said Robert Mehrabian, Executive Chairman. “Given record quarterly and full year free cash flow of $217.0 million and $547.5 million, respectively, we ended the year with only $105.4 million of net debt. For over two decades, we have consistently and predictably compounded earnings and cash flow. Nevertheless, I have never been more excited about Teledyne’s future. On the first day of fiscal 2021, we announced the pending acquisition of FLIR for $8.0 billion. Across digital imaging and unmanned systems, FLIR will add uniquely complementary technologies, products, customers and applications to Teledyne’s proven business model.”
Teledyne Technologies sees Q1 2021 EPS of $2.55-$2.60, versus the consensus of $2.61.
Teledyne Technologies sees FY2021 EPS of $11.25-$11.45, versus the consensus of $11.45.
Based on its current outlook, the company’s management believes that first quarter 2021 diluted earnings per share will be in the range of $2.55 to $2.60 and full year 2021 diluted earnings per share will be in the range of $11.25 to $11.45, which does not reflect the pending acquisition of FLIR and related acquisition and financing costs, which cannot be estimated at this time, but are expected to be significant. The company’s annual expected tax rate for 2021 is 22.3%, before discrete items. In addition, we currently expect less discrete tax items in 2021 compared with 2020.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Teledyne Technologies (TDY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celanese Corp. (CE) Tops Q1 EPS by 50c, Revenues Beat; Raises 2Q & FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises (USX) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Revenues Beat
- People's United Bank (PBCT) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!