TC PipeLines LP (TCP) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TC PipeLines LP (NYSE: TCP) reported Q2 EPS of $0.78, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.75.
Second quarter highlights (unaudited)
- Generated net income attributable to controlling interests of $57 million;
- Paid cash distributions of $47 million;
- Declared cash distribution of $0.65 per common unit for the second quarter of 2020;
- Generated Adjusted EBITDA of $110 million and distributable cash flow of $55 million;
- Maintained no outstanding balance on our Senior Credit Facility;
- Continued permitting, engineering and construction activities on our PNGTS, GTN XPress and Tuscarora XPress projects;
- Continued to progress North Baja XPress and Iroquois’ ExC project;
- GTN issued $175 million of 10-year fixed rate Senior Notes and established a 3-year Private Shelf Facility for an additional $75 million, thereby refinancing maturing debt and securing the funding for its GTN XPress project;
- Extended the maturity date for Tuscarora’s $23 million term loan to August 2021;
- Great Lakes’ credit rating was upgraded by two notches by Standard and Poor’s to BBB+/Stable; and
- PNGTS credit rating was upgraded by one notch by Fitch to BBB+/Stable.
“In the second quarter of 2020, our diversified portfolio of assets generated the kind of dependable results that our unitholders expect and rely upon,” said Nathan Brown, president of TC PipeLines, GP, Inc. “Our critical infrastructure was highly utilized, as demand for our transportation services was largely unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the prudent operatorship of our assets through this time of crisis permitted us to continue to provide uninterrupted energy to millions of Americans and businesses. The take-or-pay nature of our shipper contracts largely insulates us from short-term volatility associated with the ups and downs of volume throughput and commodity prices, underpinning the resilience and stability of our pure natural gas midstream business.
“We remain focused on the health and safety of employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate and on maintaining the reliability of our systems,” added Brown. “We continued to advance our suite of organic growth projects. PNGTS’ PXP project is on track to be fully in-service this November and our Westbrook, GTN and Tuscarora XPress projects are all progressing as planned. As well, we successfully refinanced GTN’s senior notes back in June, upsizing the offering to provide the necessary funding for the GTN XPress project, a notable achievement given the uncertainty in today’s financial markets.
“Looking ahead, we will continue to conservatively manage our financial position and self-fund our ongoing capital expenditures. We believe we are well positioned to continue to expand and enhance our existing infrastructure and to create value for our unitholders well into the future,” concluded Brown.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on TC PipeLines LP (TCP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- Aditx Therapeutics Inc. (ADTX) Announces Appointment of Dr. Lauren Chung to its Board of Directors
- Genesco (GCO) Sends Letter to Shareholders Highlighting Strength of its Board and Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!