Synlogic (SYBX) Presents Data Demonstrating Activity of a Solid Oral Formulation of SYNB1618
- Wall Street ends with broad sell-off on spiking inflation fears
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has he been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synlogic, Inc. (Nasdaq: SYBX), a clinical stage company bringing the transformative potential of synthetic biology to medicine, today presented data from the Phase 1 study of SYNB1618 for the treatment of Phenylketonuria (PKU) during the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG) annual meeting, being held virtually April 13-16, 2021.
The poster presentation, "Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study of Lyophilized Formulation of SYNB1618 in Healthy Adult Volunteers," was delivered by Dr. Marja Puurunen, Synlogic's Senior Medical Director. The presentation recording will be available throughout the duration of the conference.
PKU is an inherited metabolic disease that manifests at birth and is marked by an inability to break down phenylalanine, an amino acid that is commonly found in many foods. Left untreated, PKU can lead to serious neurological and neuropsychological problems.
SYNB1618 is an oral investigational Synthetic Biotic medicine designed to break down phenylalanine in the GI tract as a potential treatment for patients with PKU. A solid oral lyophilized powder formulation was evaluated in a Phase 1 study in healthy volunteers. In this study, the safety, tolerability and pharmacodynamics of multiple doses of SYNB1618 were assessed. Findings reported today include:
- The solid oral formulation of SYNB1618 was well tolerated and metabolically active in the human GI tract.
- SYNB1618 reduced the increase of plasma D5-Phe following an oral dose of the tracer in a dose-dependent manner in healthy volunteers.
- SYNB1618 demonstrated evidence of activity in the fasted state i.e. without protein intake, suggesting an ability to metabolize non-dietary Phe in the GI tract.
These data support the further clinical development of this therapy for the treatment of PKU. SYNB1618 continues to advance in a proof of concept Phase 2 clinical trial in adults with PKU, SynPheny, with data expected in the second half of 2021.
Learn more about Synlogic's programs and pipeline by visiting https://www.synlogictx.com/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ascendis (ASND) Announces Expansion of Global Clinical Reach for TransCon PTH with Filing for Phase 3 Clinical Trial in Adults with Hypoparathyroidism in Japan
- MedAvail Holdings, Inc (MDVL) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Mid-Point Guidance Below Consensus
- Zovio Inc (ZVO) Misses Q1 EPS by 9c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!