Syneos Health, Inc. (SYNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Offers FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Syneos Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNH) reported Q4 EPS of $1.11, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $1.10. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.14 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.14 billion.
- GAAP revenue of $1,140.0 million for the three months ended December 31, 2020, representing a sequential increase of 3.7% compared to the three months ended September 30, 2020.
- Net new business awards of $1,764.1 million and $5,863.1 million for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2020, representing book-to-bill ratios of 1.55x and 1.33x, respectively.
- Clinical Solutions segment net new business awards of $1,299.3 million and $4,698.7 million for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2020, representing book-to-bill ratios of 1.52x and 1.42x, respectively, and year-over-year backlog growth of 24.6% as of December 31, 2020.
- Commercial Solutions segment net new business awards of $464.8 million and $1,164.4 million for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2020, representing book-to-bill ratios of 1.63x and 1.05x, respectively.
- GAAP net income of $91.9 million for the three months ended December 31, 2020, representing growth of 0.9% compared to the three months ended December 31, 2019.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $194.8 million for the three months ended December 31, 2020, representing growth of 3.3% compared to the three months ended December 31, 2019.
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.87 for the three months ended December 31, 2020, representing growth of 1.2% compared to the three months ended December 31, 2019.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.11 for the three months ended December 31, 2020, representing growth of 7.8% compared to the three months ended December 31, 2019.
- Completed acquisitions of Synteract and Illingworth Research Group along with the divestiture of the Company’s medication adherence business.
“We delivered another quarter of strong awards performance, along with sequential revenue growth and robust profitability in the fourth quarter. Our innovative solutions, including Kinetic, continue to resonate with customers and we further strengthened our differentiated model with our acquisitions of Synteract, enhancing our SMID footprint, and Illingworth Research Group, further enabling our in-home capability for Decentralized Solutions,” said Alistair Macdonald, Chief Executive Officer, Syneos Health. “We remain confident in the long-term strength of our business given our record backlog, which we expect to fuel strong growth in both segments for the full year 2021.”
Syneos Health, Inc. sees FY2021 EPS of $4.09-$4.38, versus the consensus of $4.23. Syneos Health, Inc. sees FY2021 revenue of $5.125-5.325 billion, versus the consensus of $5.22 billion.
The Company's guidance takes into account a number of factors, including existing backlog, current sales pipeline, trends in cancellations and delays, and the Company’s ForwardBound initiative, which includes expansion of the Syneos Operating Network, process optimization, and automation initiatives. In addition, the guidance presented below represents the Company’s best efforts to estimate the impact of COVID-19 on its business. The severity and duration of the COVID-19 pandemic are outside of the Company’s control and, given the uncertain nature of the pandemic, could cause the Company’s future operating results to be different from our current expectations, particularly if the impact of the pandemic worsens. Furthermore, the guidance presented below is based on current foreign currency exchange rates, current interest rates, and the Company's expected non-GAAP effective tax rate of approximately 24.0% for the year ending December 31, 2021. The guidance is based upon the Company's estimated number of weighted average diluted shares outstanding, and does not take into account any share repurchases beyond the fourth quarter of 2020.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Syneos Health, Inc. (SYNH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Veracyte (VCYT) Announces Retirement of CFO and Preliminary Q1 Results
- Navios Maritime Acquisition (NNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 50c, Revenues Miss
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Misses Q1 EPS by 82c, Offers Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!