Syndax (SNDX) Announces Orphan Drug Designation Granted to Axatilimab for Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Syndax Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Syndax," the "Company" or "we") (Nasdaq: SNDX), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing an innovative pipeline of cancer therapies, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Orphan Drug Designation to axatilimab, its anti-CSF-1R monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
"IPF is a serious, life-limiting orphan disease, and today's Orphan Drug Designation validates axatilimab's potential to serve as an effective therapeutic option for the currently-underserved patients living with this rare disease," said Briggs W. Morrison, M.D., Chief Executive Officer of Syndax. "Building on promising data demonstrating meaningful multiorgan clinical benefit in patients with chronic graft versus host disease, we are actively evaluating options to expand the axatilimab franchise into additional areas of high unmet need where the monocyte-macrophage lineage plays a key role in the fibrotic disease process. We look forward to providing updates on these plans in the coming months."
The FDA's Office of Orphan Drug Products grants Orphan Drug Designation to support drug candidates in development for underserved patient populations or rare disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the U.S. Orphan Drug Designation qualifies a candidate for various development incentives, including tax credits for eligible clinical trials, waiver of application fees, and market exclusivity for seven years upon FDA approval.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanofi (SNY) Acquires Tidal Therapeutics for $160M Upfront and Up to $310M in Milestones
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- Celcuity (CELC) Reports Preliminary Data from Phase 1b Trial of Gedatolisib plus Ibrance and Endocrine Therapy for Patients with ER+/HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer and Provides Corporate Update