Synaptics (SYNA) to Sell Mobile LCD TDDI Business to Hua Capital for $120 Million
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synaptics Incorporated (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to divest its Asia-based, mobile LCD TDDI business to Hua Capital, through a special purpose entity backed by Hua-Capital Cayman, L.P., for $120 million in cash.
“This transaction is consistent with Synaptics’ strategy of focusing on differentiated franchises and investing in areas where we can deliver more profitable long-term growth for the company, leading to greater shareholder value,” said Michael Hurlston, president and CEO at Synaptics.
“We will continue to invest in technologies for the premium segments of the mobile market where our advanced touch controllers and DDICs deliver best-in-class performance,” said Janice Mori, senior vice president, Touch and Display Business Unit at Synaptics. “In addition, we will still develop TDDI solutions for automotive applications where we have an unparalleled roadmap and are currently capturing the majority of sockets globally.”
The transaction has been approved by Synaptics’ board of directors and by Hua Capital, is subject to customary closing conditions, and is expected to close in calendar Q2, 2020. We do not anticipate the transaction will have any significant impact on the current quarter’s financial results, and questions will be answered during Synaptics’ next planned earnings call.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Upgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Buy
- Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM) to Present New Data from the OPTIC Trial of ADVM-022 Intravitreal Gene Therapy for Wet AMD at ARVO 2021
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Approval of Opdivo Combo for dvanced or Metastatic Gastric Cancer, Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer, and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!