Symantec (SYMC) Files Second Patent Infringement Suit Against Zscaler
- Wall Street ends higher, notches weekly gains as Fed meeting looms
- Intel pares losses but sheds $9 billion in value on dire outlook, dividend concerns
- Analysts rush to cut Intel (INTC) price targets following weaker than expected Q1 guidance
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced that it has filed a second patent infringement lawsuit against Zscaler, Inc. in the U.S. Federal District Court for the District of Delaware. Symantec previously filed a separate patent infringement complaint against Zscaler on December 12, 2016.
The lawsuit filed today asserts that Zscaler has been illegally using Symantec’s patented technology relating to a variety of network security technologies, including web security, security scanning, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention and intrusion signature analysis. The seven patents asserted in the lawsuit filed today pre-date the formation of Zscaler and include six patents that were obtained through Symantec’s acquisition of web security market leader Blue Coat Systems. This lawsuit is based on U.S. Patent Nos. 6,285,658; 7,360,249; 7,587,488; 8,316,429; 8,316,446; 8,402,540; and 9,525,696.
“We are taking this additional action because we believe that Zscaler is continuing to infringe the intellectual property of Symantec and Blue Coat,” said Scott Taylor, Symantec’s Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary. “Symantec has a responsibility to its shareholders and customers to protect the Company’s investments in innovative technologies. Symantec will continue to vigorously defend its valuable portfolio of patents and other intellectual property assets.”
Symantec noted that it is continuing to investigate this matter and will file further claims if additional infringements are identified.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nogin (NOGN) Appoints Jonathan Huberman as CEO and Chairman
- Legend Biotech (LEGN) Announces Phase 3 CARTITUDE-4 Study of CARVYKTI Met Its Primary Endpoint
- Senesco Technologies, Inc. (SNTI) Announces Pipeline Prioritization to Focus on Logic Gated Cell Therapies; Updates Cash Runway Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!