SurModics (SRDX) Tops Q2 EPS by 15c, Revenues Beat
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SurModics (NASDAQ: SRDX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.04, $0.15 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.11). Revenue for the quarter came in at $22.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $20.84 million.
Summary of Second Quarter and Recent Highlights
- Revenue of $22.8 million, an increase of 1% year-over-year
- GAAP EPS of $0.11, non-GAAP EPS of $0.04
- Cash and short-term investments of $48.4 million
- CE Mark clearance received for Telemark™ coronary/peripheral support microcatheter
- Partnership announced with Cook Medical for commercialization of .014” and .018” low-profile PTA balloon catheters
“Our customers depend on Surmodics as a critical supplier, with thousands of vital medical device procedures and in vitro diagnostic tests relying on our products every day. The health and safety of our employees is our top priority, and I want to thank our team for their courage and commitment through this COVID-19 health crisis,” said Gary Maharaj, President and CEO of Surmodics, Inc. “While we are operating in an evolving and uncertain environment, our healthy balance sheet, strength of our supply chain, and dedicated team will enable us to continue to effectively operate during these challenging times.”
Fiscal 2020 Guidance
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the duration and magnitude of the COVID-19 pandemic, Surmodics is suspending the previously issued financial guidance for fiscal year 2020.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SurModics (SRDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (MJNA) Names Blake Schroeder as its new CEO
- Chargepoint (CHPT) Partners with Mercedes to Power Industry-leading EV Charging Experience
- Commercial Metals (CMC) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!