Stryker (SYK) Acquires Stanmore Implants in GBP 35.6M Deal
- Wall Street slips as tax uncertainty, tech losses weigh
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
- Dollar holds near three-week high after U.S. data boost
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Stryker (NYSE: SYK) announced it has acquired Stanmore Implants Worldwide Limited from SIW Holdings Limited in an all cash transaction for £35.6 million. Stanmore Implants is an innovative orthopaedic business focused on serving the needs of surgeons that treat adult and juvenile orthopaedic oncology. Stanmore Implants' portfolio includes both patient specific and off-the-shelf implant systems aimed at limb salvage.
"The acquisition of Stanmore Implants provides Stryker with differentiated technologies designed to provide the most effective solutions for orthopaedic oncology surgeons. This addition underscores Stryker's commitment to our core joint replacement business and expands our presence in the global orthopaedic oncology market," said David Floyd, Group President, Stryker Orthopaedics.
"The combination of Stryker's commitment to orthopaedic oncology and Stanmore's novel orthopaedic oncology solutions provides a unique opportunity to impact a broader group of patients globally," said Michael Mainelli, Chief Executive Officer, Stanmore Implants.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Danimer Scientific (DNMR) shares information to clarify misconceptions raised in Muddy Waters' recent short-seller report
- ION Geophysical (IO) initiates review of strategic alternatives
- Helbiz (HLBZ) Announces Partnership between Helbiz Media and FOX Networks Group to Broadcast Serie B Championship
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!