Stryker (SYK) Completes Acquisition of BD's (BDX) CareFusion VCF Portfolio
- Indexes close up more than 1% as investors assess Fed news
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices rise, hit 2-month highs on supply worries
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stryker Corporation (NYSE: SYK) announced today it has completed the acquisition of the CareFusion vertebral compression fracture (VCF) portfolio of products from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) in an all cash transaction. The portfolio is comprised of minimally-invasive systems used in vertebroplasty and vertebral augmentation procedures. BD acquired these assets as a part of CareFusion's portfolio in March of 2015.
"The acquisition of BD's VCF portfolio is highly complementary to Stryker Instruments' Interventional Spine (IVS) business and is aligned with IVS's strategy of expanding its VCF footprint," stated Timothy J. Scannell, Group President, MedSurg and Neurotechnology. "It also further strengthens Stryker's brand in the Neurotechnology space."
With this acquisition, Stryker can provide its customers a comprehensive product portfolio containing some of the least minimally invasive vertebral compression fracture treatment options available today and expand its presence in key markets with products that complement and enhance Stryker's current offerings.
The transaction is expected to be neutral to Stryker's 2016 adjusted net earnings per diluted share and accretive thereafter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Acquires Kemp for $258M in Cash
- Primis Financial (FRST) Announces Sale of Minority Interest in Southern Trust Mortgage
- Aterian (ATER) Reaches Agreement with Lender to Pay Down Its Term Loan Debt
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!