Starwood Property Trust (STWD) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Starwood Property Trust (NYSE: STWD) reported Q4 EPS of $0.50, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.48. Revenue for the quarter came in at $290.56 million versus the consensus estimate of $272.43 million.
- Quarterly GAAP Earnings of $0.37 and Distributable Earnings of $0.50 per Diluted Share
- Originated or Acquired $1.2 Billion of Assets in Q4
- Originated or Acquired $4.6 Billion of Assets in 2020, Including $3.0 Billion after Q1
- Paid Fourth Quarter Dividend of $0.48 per Share
- Subsequent to Quarter End, Priced $500 Million Inaugural Infrastructure CLO
"At no time other than 2020 was the power and strength of the company we built from a blind pool of capital over a decade ago more evident. We have proven that we are more than a portfolio of real estate mortgage loans, as good as our book has proven to be. The pandemic presented us with one of the most challenging market cycles and opportunities we have seen since our inception. Given our superior liquidity position, we never contemplated distressed asset sales or capital raises that would have been dilutive to our fair value in order to navigate the immense challenges of 2020. Our multiple business cylinders allowed us to generate excess liquidity, while unlocking accretive avenues to deploy that capital. Once we felt the worst had passed, we among our peers uniquely deployed $3.0 billion of capital in multiple business lines after the first quarter, including $2.3 billion in commercial and residential lending.
We enter 2021 in a position of significant strength, with access to multiple sources of liquidity, a robust commercial lending pipeline and an increasingly large array of investment opportunities across business lines," commented Barry Sternlicht, Chairman and CEO of Starwood Property Trust.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Starwood Property Trust (STWD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of New York (BK) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat
- Jefferies Upgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Buy
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.02