Sportsmans Warehouse (SPWH) Tops Q4 EPS by 31c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Sportsmans Warehouse (NASDAQ: SPWH) reported Q4 EPS of $0.75, $0.31 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $438.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $377.05 million.
For the thirteen weeks ended January 30, 2021:
- Net sales were $438.2 million, an increase of $180.0 million, or 69.7%, compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019. The net sales increase was primarily due to an exceptional surge in demand across all major categories, led by our hunting and shooting category, as well as strong growth in our ecommerce platform compared to the prior year period.
- Same store sales increased 57.7% during the fourth quarter of 2020 compared to the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Gross profit was $142.0 million or 32.4% of net sales, compared to $85.0 million or 32.9% of net sales in the comparable prior year period, a year-over-year increase of $57.0 million in gross profit and a 50-basis point decrease in gross profit margin.
- Net income was $29.6 million compared to net income of $9.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2019. Adjusted net income was $33.5 million compared to adjusted net income of $9.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2019 (see “GAAP and Non-GAAP Measures”).
- Adjusted EBITDA was $51.5 million compared to $19.6 million in the comparable prior year period (see "GAAP and Non-GAAP Measures").
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.66 compared to a diluted earnings per share of $0.22 in the comparable prior year period. Adjusted diluted earnings per share were $0.75 compared to adjusted diluted earnings per share of $0.21 for the comparable prior year period (see "GAAP and Non-GAAP Measures").
“Sportsman’s Warehouse finished fiscal 2020 with record performance for the fourth quarter and full year. I am proud of our associates who made tremendous efforts to safely serve our customers,” said Jon Barker, Sportsman’s Warehouse CEO. “Fourth quarter same store sales increased 58% compared to the same period last year due to an exceptionally strong holiday season, elevated participation in outdoor activities, and our continued market share gains in firearms. For fiscal year 2020, we grew same store sales by 48% compared to the prior year as we capitalized on historic surges in first-time firearm ownership and outdoor activity participation.”
Mr. Barker continued, “We continue to expand digitally as well as through additional brick-and-mortar stores. In 2020, we opened nine new Sportsman’s Warehouse stores and one Legacy Shooting Center, taking our total store count to 112.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sportsmans Warehouse (SPWH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c
- Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM) to Present New Data from the OPTIC Trial of ADVM-022 Intravitreal Gene Therapy for Wet AMD at ARVO 2021
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!