Sphere 3D (ANY) and Rainmaker Worldwide Terminate Agreement to Acquire Rainmaker Water Technology and Service Provider Agreements
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Sphere 3D Corp. (NASDAQ: ANY) (the "Company" or "Sphere 3D") announced today that the previously announced definitive Share Purchase Agreement (the "Agreement") for the acquisition of Rainmaker Holland BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rainmaker Worldwide Inc. (OTC: RAKR) has been terminated.
"We have been working towards a transaction for quite some time now with Rainmaker. Over the last few weeks it has become increasingly apparent that the timelines to complete the transaction, including the necessary regulatory approvals, will be prolonged and uncertain," stated Peter Tassiopoulos, CEO of Sphere 3D, adding "despite the termination of the Agreement, the Company will continue to work with Rainmaker as a partner on certain opportunities for water as a service offerings."
With the Agreement now terminated, the Company shall not be making any management changes or any changes to its board of directors as previously announced at this time. Peter Tassiopoulos will remain as the CEO of the Company and the current board, which was re-elected at the Company's Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders held on February 11, 2021 and consisting of Vivekanand Mahadevan, Duncan J. McEwan, Cheemin Bo-Linn and Peter Tassiopoulos, will also remain.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CoreCivic (CXW) Announces Agreement In Principle to Settle Shareholder Litigation
- Inspirato Said in Talks to Merge with Thayer Ventures Acquisition (TVAC) - Bloomberg (Earlier)
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!