Southwest Airlines (LUV) Enters Rewards Program with Ridesharing Service Lyft
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced a collaboration with Lyft that will offer first-time Lyft Customers who are also Rapid Rewards Members a one-time reward of 1,100 Rapid Rewards points for their first ride. The offer is available for a ride anywhere in the following 11 Southwest® markets where Lyft has an operating agreement in place through the end of 2016:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Chicago Midway International Airport
- Dallas Love Field
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Louisville International Airport
- McCarren International Airport (Las Vegas)
- Nashville International Airport
- Oakland International Airport
- Reagan National Airport (Washington, D.C.)
- San Antonio International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
A separate offer is currently available to Southwest Customers who are not Rapid Rewards Members in the markets listed above, offering $15 off a first-time ride with Lyft. The offer took effect on Mar. 22 and runs through the end of 2016. The two offers cannot be combined.
"At Southwest, we're known for low fares and great Hospitality—whether on the ground or in the air. Rideshare is a natural extension to air travel," said Bob Jordan, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Southwest Airlines®. "It offers an easy, hassle-free way to get to the airport and saves time and money on short- and long-term parking. Lyft makes sense for Southwest as a rideshare partner. Like Southwest, Lyft is Customer-focused and seeks to offer delightful and seamless travel experiences."
Lyft, an app that can be used on iOS or Android, was founded in June 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to reconnect people and communities through better transportation. Lyft is the fastest growing rideshare company in the U.S. and is available in more than 200 cities. Preferred by drivers and passengers for its safe and friendly experience, Lyft is committed to affecting positive change for cities. This promotion is part of a larger effort as Southwest explores increasing rideshare options.
"Partnering with Southwest, the country's largest domestic air carrier is incredibly exciting, especially given our companies' shared commitment to treating people better," said John Zimmer, co-founder and President of Lyft. "We look forward to Southwest Customers enjoying affordable and delightful door-to-door rides through the Lyft app."
For more information about Lyft visit Lyft.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SAP SE (SAP) saw a sharp acceleration in new cloud business across its cloud portfolio
- PRA Health Sciences (PRAH) selected by Maryland State Medical Society to supply remote patient monitoring and telehealth services
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) CEO John Thero to Retire, Karim Mikhail to Succeed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!