Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Publishes an Abivertinib Teaser Entitled "Abivertinib – A Franchise Oral Therapeutic for Cancer, COVID-19 and Autoimmune Diseases"
- Wall Street drops as bargain-hunting loses steam
- Netflix (NFLX) Stock Tanks 19% on Paid Net Additions Miss & Lower Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Warns for Q2 But Stock Rallies After-Hours as Worst Case Avoided
- Morgan Stanley Sees Apple (AAPL) Beating December Quarter Views But Says Upside Largely Priced In
- Ford (F) Stock Extends Losses in Pre Market as Jefferies Downgrades to Hold, Analyst Says Stock is 'Missing a New Angle'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRNE, "Sorrento") today announced the publication of a Teaser titled “Abivertinib – a Franchise Oral Therapeutic for Cancer, COVID-19 and Autoimmune Diseases” (“Abivertinib Teaser”). Sorrento intends to use the Abivertinib Teaser to engage in discussions with interested third parties in the pharmaceutical industry.
The key highlights of the Abivertinib Teaser are outlined below:
- Abivertinib for COVID-19 (Two Phase 2 trials Completed)
- 100 mg once-a-day oral capsule for hospitalized COVID-19 patients
- US trial (N=96) and Brazil trial (N=400)
For Severe Ordinal Scale (OS) Category 5 COVID-19 Patients (“At-Risk Group”) identified to be beneficial with Abivertinib treatment at Day 28 (D28):
- Abivertinib reduced the risk of death or respiratory failure:
- by 48% in US trial (death or respiratory failure: 21.7% in the Abivertinib group vs. 41.7% in the placebo plus Standard of Care (SoC) control group)
- by 45% in Brazil trial (death or respiratory failure: 30.4% Abivertinib vs. 55.6% placebo plus SoC controls)
- Abivertinib reduced the ICU stay:
- by 2 days in the US trial (8.6 days average stay in ICU in Abivertinib group vs. 10.6 days in placebo plus SoC control group)
- Abivertinib for Cancer IndicationsNSCLC (Pivotal Trial: N=229) - Among 209 response evaluable NSCLC patients who developed resistance to first line Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs):
- 93.3% (n/N: 195/209) subjects achieved tumor shrinkage at target lesions
- 57.4% (n/N: 120/209) subjects achieved the best ORR (confirmed + unconfirmed PR)
- 52.2% (n/N: 109/209) subjects achieved confirmed PR
- 24.9 months OS A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/e4eef482-cf01-4671-8e82-58fb8a474f3c B-Cell Lymphoma (Phase 1/2 Trial) (as of 08/28/2020)
- 63.6% ORR (n/N: 14/22)
- 95.5% DCR (n/N: 21/22)
- 19.7 Months PFS
- Abivertinib – A Broad Pipeline for Cancer, COVID-19 and Autoimmune Diseases ($61B Market)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Announces Covishield, A Broad-spectrum Neutralizing Antibody, Potently Neutralizes Omicron And Omicron Variants Of Sars-cov-2
- Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency (ANVISA) Authorizes Sorrento Phase 2 Clinical Trial of COVI-MSC in COVID-19 Patients With Persistent Pulmonary Compromise After Recovery (Long-Hauler)
- Sorrento Announces That Sorrento Mexico Has Sold Out of One Million COVISTIX Tests Last Week in Mexico
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!