So-Young International Inc. (SY) Refutes Blue Orca Capital’s Report and Announces $70 Million Share Repurchase Program
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
So-Young International Inc. (Nasdaq: SY) (“So-Young” or the “Company”), the largest and most vibrant social community in China for consumers, professionals and service providers in the medical aesthetics industry, today issued the following statement in response to allegations made in a report by Blue Orca Capital.
Yesterday, Blue Orca Capital issued a short seller report on So-Young, causing anxiety and market disturbance, leading to abnormal share price movements. The Company believes that the report contains numerous errors, unsubstantiated statements, and misleading conclusions and interpretations regarding information relating to the Company.
Blue Orca Capital’s report shows its lack of a basic understanding of online social communities for stakeholders in the medical aesthetics industry, particularly the value propositions that social communities offer to medical aesthetic service providers and their cooperation model with social communities. To conclusively refute the report’s false allegations regarding the authenticity of So-Young’s financial performance, the Company is open to cash verification and diligence to be conducted by competent third-party advisers.
To demonstrate the Company’s confidence in its long-term prospects, So-Young’s board of directors has today authorized a share repurchase plan under which the Company may repurchase up to US$70 million of its shares over the next 12 months. The share repurchases may be made from time to time on the open market at prevailing market prices, in privately negotiated transactions, in block trades and/or through other legally permissible means, depending on market conditions and in accordance with applicable rules and regulations. So-Young's board of directors will review the share repurchase plan periodically, and may authorize adjustment of its terms and size. The Company expects to fund repurchases made under this plan from its existing cash balance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ArcelorMittal (MT) Sells Remaining 38.2M Shares of Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF), Announces $750M Buyback
- Fox Corporation (FOX) Announces $2B Incremental Stock Buyback
- Synopsys Replenishes Repurchase Authorization up to $500 Million
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!