SmileDirectClub (SDC) To Bring Telehealth Solution To The Netherlands
- Wall Street slides, ending seesaw week in a risk-off mood
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SmileDirectClub, Inc. (Nasdaq: SDC), the next generation oral care company with the first medtech platform for teeth straightening, announced today its plan to continue the Company’s international expansion with a launch in the Netherlands. This new market increases SmileDirectClub’s foothold in Europe as it pursues the massive global market opportunity for its innovative, premium, affordable telehealth solution for orthodontia.
“We are the global leader and originators of enabling clear aligner therapy through telehealth, and we have helped well over a million customers achieve a smile they love around the world,” said Kay Oswald, President of International at SmileDirectClub. “Now more than ever, consumers need an affordable, convenient solution for oral care, and we look forward to introducing our safe, effective teeth straightening option -- the first of its kind in the country -- to the Netherlands.”
Customers seeking clear aligner therapy using the SmileDirectClub telehealth platform can book a free appointment at a SmileShop to capture a 3D image of their teeth or request a doctor-prescribed impression kit to capture a mold of their teeth from the comfort and safety of their own home. Clear aligner therapy with SmileDirectClub is prescribed, directed, and managed by an affiliated dentist or orthodontist, registered in the Netherlands, throughout the entire process from initial diagnosis to completion.
SmileDirectClub’s first SmileShop in the Netherlands will open in March and be located in Amsterdam Oud-Zuid near Museumplein.
“Since SmileDirectClub’s entrance into Europe in 2019, we’ve seen strong interest in our industry-leading telehealth platform,” said Oswald. “We are at the beginning stages of addressing the enormous untapped market of customers in Europe for whom orthodontia has been unattainable and unaffordable. Our mission is to make premium oral care accessible to everyone, and we look forward to expanding this mission to the Netherlands.”
Since launching in the U.S. in 2014, SmileDirectClub has become one of the fastest-growing health technology companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Plans Physical Retail Presence in India, CEO Tim Cook Says - Source - Reuters
- SmileDirectClub (SDC) call put ratio 18 calls to 1 put with focus on 5.5 and 6 calls as shares rally 14%
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!