Skillz (SKLZ) Misses Q4 EPS by 4c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street slides on report of Biden's plan to almost double capital gains tax
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
- U.S. weekly jobless claims hit 13-month low; home sales tumble
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Skillz (NYSE: SKLZ) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.14), $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.10). Revenue for the quarter came in at $67.72 million versus the consensus estimate of $62.49 million.
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights
- Revenue grew to $68 million during the fourth quarter of 2020, 8% higher than expectations, and up 95% compared with $35 million during the comparable quarter in 2019.
- Gross profit grew 95% to $64 million during the fourth quarter of 2020, compared with $33 million during the comparable quarter in 2019.
- Gross margin was 95% during the fourth quarter of 2020, consistent with the comparable quarter in 2019.
- Net loss was $44 million during the fourth quarter of 2020, compared with a net loss of $9 million during the comparable quarter in 2019.
- Gross Marketplace Volume1 (“GMV”) grew 78% to $463 million during the fourth quarter of 2020, compared with $259 million during the comparable quarter in 2019.
“Our first quarter as a publicly traded company was our twentieth consecutive quarter of revenue growth,” said Andrew Paradise, CEO and founder. “We look forward to many more such quarters ahead.”
Skillz sees FY2021 revenue of $366 million, versus the consensus of $366.09 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Skillz (SKLZ) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genuine Parts (GPC) Tops Q1 EPS by 36c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
- American Electric Power (AEP) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat; Reaffirms FY21 EPS Guidance
- East-West Bancorp (EWBC) Tops Q1 EPS by 20c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!