SiriusPoint (SPNT) Acknowledges Indication of Interest from Third Point, Will Evaluate
- S&P 500 flat as investors weigh fresh employment data
- U.S. private employers add 103,000 jobs in November - ADP
- Data storage group MongoDB delivers upbeat guidance after Q3 results top estimates
- Stocks edge up, 10-year Treasury yield falls as rate cut timing weighed
- A major Wall Street bank is out with S&P 500 forecast for 2024
Today SiriusPoint Ltd. (“SiriusPoint” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SPNT) has acknowledged an indication of interest from Third Point LLC and certain of its affiliates (“Third Point”), disclosed in a Schedule 13D/A filing earlier today, to explore a potential acquisition of all, or substantially all, of the outstanding Common Shares of the Company.
Consistent with its fiduciary duties, in consultation with its financial and legal advisors, the SiriusPoint Board of Directors will carefully evaluate any proposal to acquire the Company, if and when a proposal is received.
The Company always welcomes dialogue with its investors and shares the common goal of maximizing value for all the Company’s shareholders. The Company has made significant progress during the last seven months against its strategic priorities of reducing volatility, business simplification, and improving profitability. The Company has a healthy balance sheet and its capital position has been further strengthened by the recently announced Loss Portfolio Transfer transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, while ratings agency Fitch recently upgraded SirusPoint’s Outlook to Stable from Negative.
Shareholders are not required to take any action at this time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) to acquire Rockhold Bancorp
- Yum! Brands (YUM) KFC Division to acquire 218 EG Group restaurants in UK, Ireland
- ExxonMobil Corporate Plan More Than Doubles Earnings Potential From 2019 to 2027; 18% Compound Annual Earnings Growth Significantly Outpaces Peers¹
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDaniel Loeb, Third Point LLC, AM Best Company, 13D, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!