Sirius XM (SIRI) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY20 Subscriber and Financial Guidance
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Sirius XM (NASDAQ: SIRI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.06, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.05. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.94 billion.
- SiriusXM Self-Pay Net Subscriber Additions of 169,000 in Third Quarter
- Third Quarter Revenue of $2,025 Million, Up 1% Year-Over-Year
- Third Quarter Net Income of $272 Million, Up 11%; Diluted EPS of $0.06
- Adjusted EBITDA of $661 Million in the Third Quarter, Up 1% Year-Over-Year
- Company Increases 2020 Subscriber and Financial Guidance
- Third Quarter Capital Returns Total $544 Million; Stitcher Acquisition Complete; Leadership Transition on Track
"SiriusXM maintains strong momentum heading into year end, and we are increasing all of our full-year subscriber and financial guidance today. Our talented people and our powerful business model have delivered stellar results during a challenging year for our company and country," said Jim Meyer, Chief Executive Officer, SiriusXM.
"Our commitment to having the best possible audio content from top talent, as well as leading media and sports brands, has never wavered. First, we are making significant progress in extending our relationship with Howard Stern. We reached a new agreement with Kevin Hart for more content, with LeBron James and Maverick Carter we launched UNINTERRUPTED Radio from the NBA bubble on Pandora, and we debuted our fulltime channel with the members of U2 on SiriusXM. Pat McAfee joined our sports lineup, and we returned to live sports across the MLB, NBA and NFL. And we brought our listeners special moments like the recent interview between Paul McCartney and Alec Baldwin honoring John Lennon's 80th birthday on The Beatles Channel," added Meyer.
"This will be my last earnings period as SiriusXM's CEO, and the numbers we are reporting today reflect the incredible progress our team has made during my tenure. It has been an honor to lead SiriusXM for the past eight years, and I'm thrilled to be passing the baton at year end to a leader as capable as Jennifer Witz," Meyer continued.
"I couldn't be more pleased to assume the role of CEO in January and to welcome Sean Sullivan to our team. Our goals are clear: we will maintain our track record of consistent execution and subscriber growth, and continue to drive higher OEM penetration and invest in our 360L platform, streaming efforts, podcasting, and more to ensure our place as the leader in digital audio entertainment and enable the next phase of our growth," said Jennifer Witz.
"The steady churn of 1.7% we saw in the third quarter was outstanding, particularly against a backdrop of rebounding auto sales and the vehicle-related churn which results from higher sales. Our new guidance implies that we will finish the year with self-pay net additions close to 90% of what we originally projected - an extraordinary performance in this year's environment. And the team delivered terrific results by driving a sequential jump of 46% in our advertising revenue in the third quarter," added Witz.
"Against a backdrop of strong performance, we continued our record of returning capital to stockholders through share repurchases and by increasing our quarterly dividend. Over the summer, we also strengthened our balance sheet by refinancing debt with longer-dated maturities and lower coupons. SiriusXM continues to generate significant cash flow, which provides us firepower to continue our capital return program while investing in our businesses," added Meyer.
"On Monday, we announced the closing of our acquisition of Stitcher and are quickly integrating that business with SiriusXM's content and ad sales businesses, and our existing hosting and analytics platform, Simplecast. Stitcher greatly advances SiriusXM's position in podcasting, the fastest growing sector in audio entertainment. We offer audio publishers a state-of-the art suite of content hosting, data analytics, ad insertion and sales representation services through programmatic and direct sales. We are excited to combine the largest digital audio salesforce with a leading podcast ad network and to offer advertisers an attractive path to over 150 million North American listeners across our platforms," added Witz.
The Company increased its full-year 2020 guidance for SiriusXM self-pay net subscriber additions, revenue, adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow. The Company's current operating and financial guidance is as follows:
- SiriusXM self-pay net subscriber additions of approximately 800,000,
- Total revenue of approximately $7.85 billion,
- Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $2.475 billion, and
- Free cash flow of approximately $1.6 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sirius XM (SIRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Towne Bank (TOWN) Names Brad E. Schwartz President and CEO
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q2 EPS by 41c
- Iradimed Corp. (IRMD) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!