Sirius XM (SIRI) Reports Q4 In-Line Revenues; Offers FY18 Revenue Outlook Below Consensus
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sirius XM (NASDAQ: SIRI) reported Q4 EPS of $, versus $0.05 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.4 billion.
The Company's net (loss) income totaled $(37) million and $648 million in the fourth quarter and full-year 2017, respectively, compared to $205 million and $746 million in the fourth quarter and full-year 2016, respectively. Net (loss) income per diluted common share was $(0.01) and $0.14 in the fourth quarter and full-year 2017, respectively, compared to $0.04 and $0.15 in the fourth quarter and full-year 2016, respectively. The fourth quarter and full-year 2017 net income results reflect a $185 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, charge associated with the revaluation of the Company\'s deferred tax assets as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. In the fourth quarter 2017, the Company also recorded a decrease of approximately $72 million, or approximately $0.02 per diluted share, in the fair value of its investment in Pandora, reversing the prior quarter's unrealized gains.
The Company\'s full-year 2018 guidance for net subscribers, revenue, adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow, as issued on January 10, 2018, is as follows:
- Self-pay net subscriber additions of approximately 1 million,
- Revenue of approximately $5.7 billion,
- Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $2.15 billion, and
- Free cash flow of approximately $1.5 billion.
Sirius XM sees FY2018 revenue of $5.7 billion, versus the consensus of $5.74 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sirius XM (SIRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
- Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) Tops Q4 EPS by 69c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!