Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) Sells Alarm Funding Associates
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SBGI), announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Keyser Capital LLC ("Keyser"), has sold Alarm Funding Associates, LLC ("AFA") to RPAFA Investors, LLC, an investment vehicle of Riverside Partners, for $200.0 million. AFA is the 20th largest security alarm company in the U.S.
Keyser purchased AFA in November 2007 and has invested capital of approximately $10.5 million. After the repayment of debt and other costs, Sinclair will realize approximately $70 million in pre-tax net cash proceeds or a multiple of approximately 6.7x on invested capital.
"We are pleased to report an annualized return of approximately 25% on our investment in Alarm Funding," commented David B. Amy, Vice Chairman. "Although an accretive investment for us, the sale of the alarm business, which was not part of our core operations, provides us a significant divestment opportunity. As a result of the sale, other non-media revenues less other non-media expenses for the 10 month period of March through December 2017 are expected to be approximately $20 million less than our original guidance. However, our total indebtedness will decrease by approximately $108 million in addition to the after-tax net cash proceeds of approximately $56 million which represents approximately $0.60 per share."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shore Bancshares (SHBI) and Severn Bancorp (SVBI) Announce Receipt of Shareholder Approval for Merger
- NextEra Energy Partners (NEP) Acquires 50% Stake in 2,520-megawatt Portfolio of Renewables Projects and Enters New Convertible Equity Portfolio Financing
- Redbox Completes Business Combination With Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (SGAM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!