Simulations Plus (SLP) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.09
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Simulations Plus (NASDAQ: SLP) reported Q1 EPS of $0.09, versus $0.10 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.535 million versus the consensus estimate of $7.53 million.
Shawn O’Connor, chief executive officer of Simulations Plus, said: “Strong first quarter revenue growth in addition to key new business closures after quarter end support our outlook for full year revenue growth of 10-15%. We are investing in sales and marketing initiatives and our consulting service organization’s staff to respond to the opportunities we see in the marketplace. These investments impacted our expenses in this quarter but will position us well in quarters ahead to achieve anticipated profitable growth. Certain expenses lines, such as R&D, will remain higher, but expected revenue growth in coming quarters should move us back towards historical profitability levels as expenses as a percent of revenues are more in-line with historical levels.”
John Kneisel, chief financial officer of Simulations Plus, added: “During the quarter, we completed our implementation of FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), a new guidance on Revenue Recognition. ASC 606 had minimal impact on our current revenue, we expect it may have some impact on the timing of revenue recognition and service revenue margins on certain contracts going forward, but we do not anticipate significant changes to our annual historical service margins due to the minimal number of projects for which the standard changed revenue recognition.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Simulations Plus (SLP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Worthington Industries (WOR) Announces New Reporting Segments
- BlueCity Holdings (BLCT) Reports Q1 Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!