Silvergate Capital (SI) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI) reported Q1 EPS of $0.55, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.52.
First Quarter 2021 Highlights
- Net income for the quarter was $12.7 million, or $0.55 per diluted share, compared to net income of $9.1 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2020, and net income of $4.4 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2020
- The Silvergate Exchange Network (“SEN”) handled 166,772 transactions in the first quarter of 2021, an increase of 84%, compared to 90,763 transactions in the fourth quarter of 2020, and an increase of 431% compared to 31,405 transactions in the first quarter of 2020
- The SEN handled $166.5 billion of U.S. dollar transfers in the first quarter of 2021, an increase of 181% compared to $59.2 billion in the fourth quarter of 2020, and an increase of 858% compared to $17.4 billion in the first quarter of 2020
- Digital currency customer related fee income for the quarter was $7.1 million, compared to $3.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2020, and $1.7 million for the first quarter of 2020
- Digital currency customers grew to 1,104 at March 31, 2021, compared to 969 at December 31, 2020, and 850 at March 31, 2020
- Digital currency customer deposits grew by $1.8 billion to $6.8 billion as of March 31, 2021, compared to $5.0 billion as of December 31, 2020
- Completed two equity offerings, which resulted in the issuance of a total of 5,860,858 shares of Class A common stock for aggregate gross proceeds of $441.1 million and net proceeds of $423.5 million after deducting underwriting discounts and offering expenses
Alan Lane, president and chief executive officer of Silvergate, commented, “We kicked off 2021 on a very strong note, as highlighted by Q1 growth across all of our Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN) key performance metrics, including continued customer growth, a significant increase in transactions and over $7 million in transaction revenue. As the SEN continues to expand, we have the opportunity to build upon the network effect to offer additional products and services to our customers. One example of this is SEN Leverage, our differentiated funding offering, which increased approved credit lines to $196.5 million in Q1 from $82.5 million in the prior quarter, as customers utilized this product. In March we announced that Coinbase Custody and Fidelity Digital Assets will be custodians for the SEN Leverage product, providing investors with more choice and greater access to capital.”
“In addition, during Q1, the average deposit balance was $6.6 billion, up from $2.8 billion in Q4 and $1.9 billion in Q1 2020,” continued Mr. Lane. “Early in the year, we issued $287.5 million in equity and later put a $300 million ATM program in place to ensure we remain well capitalized to meet regulatory capital requirements as deposit growth accelerates.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Silvergate Capital (SI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RumbleOn Inc. (RMBL) Appoints Peter Levy, the Company’s Chief Operating Officer, to its Board of Directors
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Roku (ROKU) Announces TCL Launches Roku TV Models in the UK
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!