SilverBox Engaged Merger Corp I (SBEA) Prices 30M Unit IPO at $10/Unit
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SilverBox Engaged Merger Corp I (NASDAQ: SBEA) today announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 30,000,000 units at $10.00 per unit. The units will be listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market and trade under the ticker symbol “SBEAU” beginning February 26, 2021.
Each unit consists of one share of the Company’s Class A common stock and one-third of one redeemable warrant. Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one share of the Company’s Class A common stock at a price of $11.50 per share, subject to adjustment. Once the securities comprising the units begin separate trading, the Class A common stock and warrants are expected to be listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbols “SBEA” and “SBEAW,” respectively. The initial public offering is expected to close on March 2, 2021, subject to customary closing conditions.
In connection with the initial public offering, the Company has entered into a forward purchase agreement with Engaged Capital, LLC, that will provide for the aggregate purchase of $100,000,000 of Class A common stock at $10.00 per share. Any such purchases will take place in a private placement that will close concurrently with the closing of the Company’s initial business combination.
The Company, which is sponsored by SilverBox Engaged Sponsor LLC and is led by Joseph Reece and Stephen Kadenacy who will serve as Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, respectively, is a newly organized blank check company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., are acting as joint book-running managers. The Company has granted the underwriters a 45-day option to purchase up to 4,500,000 additional units at the initial public offering price to cover over-allotments, if any.
The initial public offering is being made only by means of a prospectus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Reservoir Holdings to List on NASDAQ Through Merger with Roth CH Acquisition II Co. (ROCC)
- Lead Edge Growth Opportunities, Ltd Announces Closing of Full Exercise of Underwriters’ Over-Allotment Option in Connection with its Initial Public Offering
- Humacyte Secures $50 Million Debt Facility with Silicon Valley Bank