Silicon Labs (SLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Earnings put floor under European stocks, COVID cases in Asia eyed
- Netflix (NFLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 78c, Subs Miss
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Dollar struggles to recover after slump to 7-week trough amid lower U.S. yields
- Manchester United (MANU) Stock Falls as European Super League Collapses Amid Huge Fans Backlash
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) reported Q4 EPS of $0.84, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.73. Revenue for the quarter came in at $242.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $226.35 million.
On a non-GAAP basis, excluding the impact of stock compensation, amortization of acquired intangible assets, restructuring charges, non-cash interest expense and other costs associated with convertible notes, and certain other items as set forth in the reconciliation tables below:
- Non-GAAP gross margin was 58.6%.
- Non-GAAP R&D expenses were $58 million.
- Non-GAAP SG&A expenses were $39 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income as a percentage of revenue was 18.7%.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.84.
"Fourth quarter revenue set a record at $242.9 million resulting in 10% sequential growth and full year revenue grew 6% over 2019," said Tyson Tuttle, CEO of Silicon Labs. "Our IoT products led the way with a second consecutive quarter of record revenue. We exited the year with momentum, and we are looking forward to an even stronger 2021."
Silicon Labs sees Q1 2021 EPS of $0.70-$0.80, versus the consensus of $0.67. Silicon Labs sees Q1 2021 revenue of $237-247 million, versus the consensus of $220.8 million.
The company expects first quarter revenue to be in the range of $237 to $247 million, with both IoT and Infrastructure & Automotive approximately flat to fourth quarter, and estimates the following:
On a non-GAAP basis, excluding the impact of stock compensation, amortization of acquired intangible assets, acquisition related charges, restructuring charges, non-cash interest expense and other costs associated with convertible notes, and certain other items as set forth in the reconciliation tables below:
- Non-GAAP gross margin at approximately 58.2%.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses at approximately $100 million.
- Non-GAAP effective tax rate at 13.0%.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share between $0.70 and $0.80.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Silicon Labs (SLAB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TE Connectivity (TEL) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Offers 3Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Lithia Motors (LAD) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.13, Revenues Beat
- Philip Morris International (PM) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!