Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Announces Preliminary Fourth Quarter Results
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL) (the “Company”), a leading retailer of moderately priced footwear and accessories, today reported preliminary results for the fourth quarter ended January 30, 2021.
Preliminary Results for the Fourth Quarter of Fiscal Year 2020
For the fourth quarter ended January 30, 2021, the Company expects to report:
- Net sales increased to approximately $253.9 million, compared to $239.9 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Comparable store sales increased approximately 6.4 percent, on top of a 3.2 percent comparable store sale increase in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Net income per diluted share is expected to be in the range of $0.50 and $0.52, compared to $0.24 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Cash and cash equivalents on hand at the end of the quarter were $106 million with no borrowings under the Company’s credit facility.
(*Consensus sees Q4 EPS of $0.32 on revenue of $242.8 million)
“Our record fourth quarter results capped off an unprecedented year, further demonstrating the resiliency of our team and Shoe Carnival’s unique and differentiated concept. We realized a comparable store sales increase in excess of six percent, drove an impressive bottom line through incredible margin growth, and continued our explosive e-commerce growth,” commented Cliff Sifford, Shoe Carnival’s Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Sifford continued, “We take great pride in the strong foundation of trust we have built with our loyal customers who continue to rely on us for the latest trends from the best brands both online and in-store. However, this would not be possible without our committed Shoe Carnival employees and incredible vendor partnerships. We are looking forward to further success as we move into fiscal year 2021.”
The foregoing expected results are preliminary and remain subject to the completion of normal quarter end and year end accounting procedures and closing adjustments. Due to the ongoing uncertainty created by COVID-19, the Company is not providing fiscal year 2021 guidance at this time. The Company intends to release its fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, after the market close.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SVB Financial Group (SIVB) Tops Q1 EPS by $3.56
- Socket Mobile (SCKT) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.03, Revenues Beat
- UPDATE: Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q1 EPS by 51c