Shockwave Medical (SWAV) Misses Q1 EPS by 23c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends sharply lower in broad sell-off
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Lennar (LEN) Falls as Reported Q3 Revenue Beats, EPS Slightly Missed Estimates
- Oil falls 2% on risk aversion, dollar strength
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shockwave Medical (NASDAQ: SWAV) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.68), $0.23 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.45). Revenue for the quarter came in at $31.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $29.9 million.
- Recognized revenue of $31.9 million for the first quarter of 2021, representing an increase of 110% from the same period in 2020
- Received Pre-Market Approval for use of IVL in severely calcified coronary artery disease from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and subsequently launched our Shockwave C2 device in the U.S.
- Announced formation of a joint venture with Genesis MedTech Group, an established entity whose management team has a solid track record of commercializing medical devices in mainland China
- Submitted Shonin application to PMDA for commercial approval of IVL for coronary use in Japan
- CMS proposed new technology add on codes, or NTAP, for inpatient coronary procedures where IVL is used
“This quarter has been a highly productive one for Shockwave and I could not be more impressed by the achievements of our team and the support of our customers,” said Doug Godshall, President and Chief Executive Officer of Shockwave Medical. “With the recent FDA approval of our Shockwave C2 device, followed by the proposed NTAP payment by CMS only eight weeks after approval, we are well positioned to continue to expand our reach in helping to treat patients with severely calcified arterial disease.”
Shockwave Medical sees FY2021 revenue of $195-205 million, versus the consensus of $158.99 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Shockwave Medical (SWAV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ConocoPhillips (COP) Acquires Permian interest From Shell For $9.5B
- CBRE Group (CBRE) Releases Information on Greater China and Asia Pacific Business
- Sportradar (RAD) Announces NBA Legend Michael Jordan Assumes Advisory Role
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!