Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial of SEL-302 for the Treatment of Methylmalonic Acidemia Placed on Clinical Hold
- S&P, Dow futures edge higher ahead of GDP data; Nvidia slides
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Dips on Report It Expects Flat iPhone Production This Year
- Alibaba (BABA) Shares Jump 3% as eCommerce and Cloud Demand Drives Solid Q4 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Selecta Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: SELB), a biotechnology company leveraging its clinically validated ImmTOR™ platform to develop tolerogenic therapies that selectively mitigate unwanted immune responses, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has placed a clinical hold on its Phase 1/2 clinical trial of SEL-302 (which consists of MMA-101 plus ImmTOR) for the treatment of patients with methylmalonic acidemia (MMA).
On November 23, Selecta received a letter from the FDA issuing a clinical hold in order to obtain additional information on the chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) related to the MMA-101 product candidate. There were no outstanding clinical or pre-clinical questions in the FDA letter. This clinical trial had not yet been initiated, and no human patients will be dosed with MMA-101 until all of the FDA’s questions are resolved. Selecta intends to work closely with the FDA to address the requests for additional information.
“Patient safety is our primary concern, and we are committed to addressing the FDA’s questions regarding CMC as expeditiously as possible,” said Carsten Brunn, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of Selecta. “We look forward to working closely with the FDA to satisfy all outstanding concerns, and to providing additional updates early next year.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NRx Pharmaceuticals (NRXP) Announces Data Safety Monitoring Board Recommends to Stop Further Randomization in ACTIV-3b Trial of aviptadil
- Novocure (NVCR) Announces Clinical Collaboration with MSD on Registrational-Intent Study to Evaluate Tumor Treating Fields Together with KEYTRUDA in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma
- PureTech Health's (PRTC) Akili Integrates Prescription Video Game Treatment with the Virtual World Through Partnership with Roblox
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!