Seegene, QIAGEN (QGEN) to Collaborate to Develop Multiplex Molecular Diagnostic Assays
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Seegene Inc. (KOSDAQ: 096530), today announced that it has entered into a worldwide collaboration agreement with QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN) (Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) to develop and supply molecular diagnostic assays.
Under the terms of the agreement, Seegene will develop and manufacture multiplex infectious disease testing panels exclusively designed for QIAGEN's real-time PCR cycler Rotor-Gene Q, member of QIAGEN's QIAsymphony family of automated instruments, and QIAGEN will have worldwide commercialization rights to these tests.
Seegene's Founder and CEO, Dr. Jong-Yoon Chun, added, "This is an exciting partnership that will deliver a very powerful tool providing a more comprehensive and actionable diagnosis to clinicians worldwide. QIAGEN's IVD market leadership will also help to further grow our multiplex real-time PCR diagnostic testing footprint in disease indications that are in need of powerful new diagnostics."
Seegene expends tremendous effort to continually develop and commercialize innovative high-multiplex PCR chemistry technologies that enable more accurate and cost-effective molecular diagnostics. MuDT" technology is the perfection of qPCR technology by simultaneously identifying and quantifying multiple targets in a single fluorescence channel, without melting curve analysis after amplification.
"We are very pleased to partner with Seegene and incorporate their novel and innovative proprietary technologies into our sample to insight offering for molecular diagnostic customers," said Thierry Bernard, Senior Vice President, Head of the Molecular Diagnostics Business Area and a member of the Executive Committee of QIAGEN. "With Seegene's multiplex reagents enabling simultaneous and multiple detection and quantification of various target genes, QIAGEN is further broadening the menu of our QIAsymphony platform and increasing its leadership in the molecular diagnostics market."
This is the second major global original design manufacturing (ODM) deal that Seegene has entered into. In November 2014, Seegene and Beckman Coulter inked a deal under which Seegene will manufacture reagents designed
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NHTSA Hires Tesla (TSLA) Autopilot Critic as Safety Advisor; Musk Claims Bias
- Snackhealthy, Inc. (SNAX) Co-CEO and Chief Marketing Officer Jaxie Alt Resigns
- Shore Bancshares (SHBI) and Severn Bancorp (SVBI) Announce Receipt of Shareholder Approval for Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!